Thursday, August 28, 2008

Anagram madness

Jack sent me a link to a funny article that made me laugh, and sparked a series of emails to and from Jon Robert Host and Jack Ward Pendarvis. We made ourselves giggle for days, and congratulated ourselves for our fancy anagram signatures. How clever we were!


From Jack:
Why did I think of you? http://www.mcsweeneys.net/2007/8/10ryan.html



This was super funny and made me laugh many times....which was good, considering I had just hit my thumb with a hammer as I was writing a quick note in Spanish. Adios!
Senor "Throb Jot"


I thought about it, and my reply would have been much funnier if I had not written that I was writing the note in Spanish, and then just signed off with the 'Adios'. I should be sued for not being funnier and forced to put a silent H into my first name.Not funnily,

Sober John Tort



Help! I was trying to reply to your email whilst driving and I ran my new recreational vehicle off the road...

Sad RV Jerkwad Panic


Sorry so late in responding, but my position as a somnambulant automaton in this hillbilly town got the best of me.

Jethro Snorbot



Don't worry! I've been too busy to notice. For you see, I've been trying to think of a way to seem like a regular happy-go-lucky guy because my ancestor is so controversial and just having the same surname can be an impediment to making new friends in this fundamentalist town. Anyway, I've hit upon the idea of childish sleepwear emblazoned with my favorite old monster movie character. I plan to wear them all the time so that people will come to enjoy my sartorial quirks and forget about my family tree. I hope it works!

Signed,

Evan K. "Drac PJ's" Darwin


You think you've got it bad? I guess it's time that I come clean. The fact that MY unfortunate ancestors were used as footwear for the Norse gods has always been a source of personal shame. This is, I believe, at least partially responsible for my admittedly illogical insistence on the phonetic spelling of healthcare credentials. Enough bad news......I PASSED MY STATE BOARDS!!!!!

J. Thorboot, Ners



Congrats! I have similar good news. As you know, my given name has always worked well for me as a standup comedian, but after the incident where I ate an uncooked crayfish onstage, everyone gave me a mean nickname that lowered my self-esteem. Well, who's laughing now? That's right, I am very proud to announce that I, also, have PASSED MY BOARDS!!!

Vick "Rawdad" Japes, RN



I've been less than truthful with you. I tried to impress you with a history that is more glamorous than the sad reality. In sooth, my siblings had a very successful career in comedy. I was shunned as "not that funny", and so chose to spend my days in prayerful contemplative solitude. I find solace in the fact that I remained true to my Swedish roots in the spelling of our last name. Peace.

Brother N. Stooj


Brother,My cousin Vick passed along your email. Please rest assured that you are not the only one to suffer through an unfortunate name as a precursor to spiritual enlightenment. I thought my youthful habit of violently hurling fecal matter (my own and others') would haunt me forever. But that was before I became a Jesuit.
Sincerely,

Ken "Crap War" David, SJ




Father,
I must confess that I intercepted the following email as it passed though the convent's server. Mr. Hert has worked on the custodial staff here at St. Agnes' for several years. He and I have formed a friendship based on little more than the burden of our names. Perhaps we can all form a support group for ourselves.
Yours in faith,

Sr. T.O. Joonbreth

Dear Father David,I think you would understand me because people make fun of you too. My dad and his dad and his dad were all alcoholics, so I guess I understand my nickname, but it still makes me cry. Things were at least okay before mister Simpson got into all that trouble a few years back, but now I don't know what to do.

O.J. "Born Sot" Hert

Please count me in for the cruel nickname support group. I can't give my real name, only my initials, as I am usually a proper young lady and so ashamed of what I did with that fourth of July party favor.
signed,

C.W.D. ("Sparkin Vaj Dare")


I want in, too.
My humiliating day at the Williamsburg Howard Johnsons forever changed my nicknamian life......for the worse. Nobody else on my bus ordered the crab dip. It tasted SO GOOD.

Ben R. ("HoJo Trots")




I'm not sure what all of you are complaining about. I purposely gave myself an awesome nickname, and you should too. I can't reveal my identity, because as a respected physician I can't let anyone know about my nighttime gigs at rowdy clubs, where my stage name represents two of my greatest interests.

Dr. W.V., AKA DJ Penis Car




You've got the right idea, Doc. I love my position as an occupational therapist, but I also love the night life here in merry olde England.....so much so that my nickname has afforded me the opportunity to "have my head in the lap" of nearly every Royal in London. I'm not ashamed to give my real name, but I do need my day job. Ha!

R.S., OT ("Throne Job")



I'm in the medical profession, too. But I just don't get it. What kind of saucy hints are you young gals and fellers making? Maybe I'm an old man, but I just don't get it.
confusedly,

Naive "Paw" Rack, Jr., D.D.S.


I wanted a job in the medicle world, but my family has had this brewery for genarations. I work in the IT departmint, and Dad says it dosn't matter that I didn't do so great in school. Mainly, my job is to fix all the PCs in the admenistration bilding. I have a trick that works amost every time. If that dosn't work, then I just call somebody else.

J.N. "Reboot" Stroh



Today's secret link.

1 comment:

strorg said...

once again, laughed until i cried. the ocular excretion seems to have a lubricating quality that i find fascinating. as your slightly elder male sibling, i remain: bro t.h. ("smooth tears")